Our Privacy Promise
Your privacy is important to you and all of us at Atlas. Here's a quick overview of our Privacy Promise.
Privacy Promise Overview
- You retain ownership and control of your data.
- You can review and remove your digital items from the system at anytime.
- You control what the system remembers. You may temporarily pause the system or permanently block by URL, file, application, and more. This excluded content never leaves your computer or phone.
- Each digital item remains encrypted at rest and in motion.
Your privacy is important to you and all of us at Atlas, that’s why we’ve built Recall with features that give you complete control over what it remembers for you.
What type of data does Atlas Recall collect and why?
Atlas Recall also collects metadata about your usage of Recall, and about the device on which Recall is running. Anonymous aggregates of this metadata are used to improve your search experience and provide personalized recommendations. To learn more about what Atlas means by metadata, please check out our KB article.
You’re in control of what information Recall collects - the websites, email, files, and apps that you choose to exclude will never be recorded by the system. Recall also makes it easy to selectively review and remove individual items from the system.
Can I delete ALL of the data Recall has collected?
Who has access to my data?
Atlas is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your information is private. To that end, we will not sell, rent, or share any of your personal information, files, or usage history to a third party.
Where is my data stored?
Atlas takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Our data storage incorporates multiple layers of security, including authentication and authorization checks, encryption both at rest and within our infrastructure, and access logging. We have strict access control policies, derived from the principle of least privilege, to keep your data safe.
Our dedicated security engineering team also performs code reviews and regular security audits to ensure user data remains secure. We also actively engages third party specialists to make sure we meet a high standard of security.
What can I do to protect my account?
There are steps you can take to help keep your data safe.
- Create a Unique Password: One that you don’t use with any other account. The more unique characters and longer length, the more secure your account will be.
- Never Share Your Password: This is intended for you and you alone.
- Logout of Recall on Your Unused Devices: As you change devices, make sure you logout of your Recall account before retiring them.
How does Atlas keep my data secure?
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your data, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. All of your items are encrypted as they move between the Recall application to the Atlas cloud, and are also encrypted at rest. Atlas’ security system and promise ensures that you retain ownership and control of your data at all times and can remove all of your data from the system at any time. Information on how to delete your account can be found here.